AZHAR KHAN FOR AJAX
WARD 2 – LOCAL COUNCILLOR – TOWN OF AJAX
Azhar is a dedicated leader, Double Distinguished Toastmaster, Youth Leadership Program Chair, Division E Director, certified Kaizen coach, Kaizen project Gold Medalist for Toyota Motor Corporation, award-winning speaker and a community activist. Proud to serve the community, the homeless, fellow Toastmasters, small business owners and youth, he has dedicated his life to serving others. Having held key positions in automotive manufacturing, aftersales operations, customer retention management, logistics, supply chain management, business development, Kaizen Project Management and aerospace corporate sector for 20 + years, he is instrumental in the successful transformations of many businesses.
Azhar’s family is always at the center of everything he does. He is driven to create a legacy for them that
they will be proud of and will be remembered forever.
Azhar’s hard work and humanitarianism was instilled in him by his parents. Born into a very loving and close-knit family, he learned the value of hard work and professionalism from his father. Azhar’s mother was very influential in his life as well, teaching him the meaning of charity and giving back to the community. His mother always cooked and distributed food to the needy and that act of kindness has inspired him throughout his own life journey.
During the pandemic, Azhar and his team distributed more than 20,000 meals to the Ajax-Pickering Hospital, Durham Dignity for the Homeless, Ajax Hub, Kendalwood Seventh-day Adventist Church, St Maria Goretti Church, Warmer Center ( Shelter) and more, serving frontline workers, the homeless, seniors who are homebound and families in need. He is so thankful to Muslim Welfare Canada, Connecting GTA, Durham Catering Services Staff, small businesses, Ismaili community, Tamil community, Pakistani and Indian community, South Asian community, Durham residence, family, friends and the Town of Ajax for their ongoing support and sponsorship for this great cause. To date, he is humbled to note that the meals program for the homeless is still in effect at the Ajax Hub, Homeless and St Maria Goretti Catholic Church, serving the hungry one dish at a time.
His mantra is to love everyone regardless of their faith or origin and he strongly believes in serving humanity first. Azhar’s family is always at the center of everything he does. He is driven to create a legacy for them that they will be proud of and will be remembered forever.
I started volunteering at a very young age as it allowed me to serve my community. In doing so, it enabled me to create great friendships and bond with the community, enabling me to get to know the community issues at the root level. With my background in Kaizen, the art of continuous improvement, I was able to provide assistance and serve my community.
- Organized and facilitate more then 50 Youth Leadership Program across GTA since 2011.
- Served District 60 as Youth Leadership Program Chair.
- Published Youth Leadership Program Magazine yearly.
- Helping over 4000 youths graduate and attend the educational workshops since 2009.
- Youth Leadership Program Award, MP Mark Holland, Ajax ON
- Youth Leadership & Community Service Award, MPP Rod Phillips, Ajax ON
- Youth Leadership Program Award, MPP Joe Dickson, Ajax ON
- Youth Leadership Program Coordinator Award, Mayor Shaun Collier, Town of Ajax ON
- Certificate of Recognition, Mayor Steve Parish, Town of Ajax ON
- Area Best Speakers Award, Toastmasters International
- Club Best Speakers Award, Toastmasters International
- Gold Medalist for ’05 CS Kaizen Marathon, Virtual Warehouse Project, TMC
- Best of the Best CS Kaizen Award for Virtual Warehouse Project, TMC
- Best Dealership Award, TMC
- YLP Chair, District 60 Toastmasters International
- Durham Youth Debate program with DDSB Organizer
- Toastmasters International President Jim Kokocki attendance at the Youth Leadership Program Graduation Ceremony at McLean Community Center, Ajax ON.
- Youth Leadership Program implemented at Toronto District School Board as YLP Chair
- Youth Leadership Program 2008 ~ present. Around 4000 youth attended our Youth Leadership Program and educational workshops.
- Member of Newcomers Advisory Committee Durham, Ontario
- Proudly represent “We all belong to Durham”
- Member of the homeless committee, Town of Ajax ON
- Multiple Kaizen Workshop for the community to educate and enhance their knowledge about Kaizen and Six Sigma Lean.
Business Awards & Recognition
- Selected Nominee for the Best Business Award from Ajax Pickering Board of Trade.
- New Business Open Award, ConnectingGTA
- New Business Open Award, Town of Ajax ON
- Best Business Award twice by Fusion5ive Marketing.
CLICK BELOW TO
Request A Sign
If you would like Azhar Khan’s sign on your lawn, kindly complete the form to have a sign installed!