WARD 2 – LOCAL COUNCILLOR – TOWN OF AJAX
“PROGRESSIVE LEADERSHIP WITH PASSION, PURPOSE & PERSEVERANCE.”
A MESSAGE FROM AZHAR KHAN
I have had the pleasure of raising my 4 kids in Ajax, Durham. I was born into a very loving and close-knit family. I learned the value of hard work and professionalism from my father who travelled a lot for business. Due to his extensive travel, I became extremely close to my mother who taught me the meaning of charity and giving to the community. My mother always cooked and distributed food to the needy and that act of kindness has inspired me throughout my journey. My mantra is to love everyone regardless of faith or origin and I strongly believe in humanity first.
I have built a successful catering and real estate businesses in Ajax and expanded throughout Durham which qualifies me in helping to build your business as well.
At a very young age I was taught the important life lesson of giving back to your community. Canada has been extremely kind to my family & now I am honoured to give back.
- Meals served: 35000 since March 2020 and still serving
- Youths Leadership Program & Workshops: 4000
- Community & Volunteer Hours: 10,000
- Coaching & Webinars Hours: 4000
- Toastmasters Leadership Service: 5000
- Corporate Hours: 50,000
AZHAR'S VISION FOR AJAX
SUPPORT SMALL AND LOCAL BUSINESS
- Develop policies to provide more opportunities for small and local businesses.
- Invest in small and local businesses.
- Create more jobs in the Town of Ajax.
FOR SENIORS & HOMELESS
- Invest in prolonged long-term care to promote the dignity of seniors in the comfort of their homes.
- Create healthy living programs for our seniors.
- Develop a mentorship program in which youths can be guided and benefit from the wisdom and experience of our seniors.
- Empower youths through youth leadership programs and youth-driven platforms
- Invest in technology to have state-of-the-art institutions, encompassing the latest in technological advancements.
- More Youth Recruitment Fairs for our local youths.
- Develop internship programs with local businesses to serve as stepping stones for our youth.
- Increase the amount of basketball and cricket recreational facilities for our youth.
Reduce wait times for transit riders.
Establish and expand more efficient transit routes for those working outside of Durham.
Create and invest in more efficient routes.
Create more programs for the families.
Invest in additional cultural program for the benefit of all.
Increase the number of recreational activities and facilities for families to partake in (Basketball, Cricket, and Yoga etc.)
Why Choose Me
PROGRESSIVE LEADERSHIP WITH PASSION, PURPOSE & PERSERVERANCE!
“My mantra is to love all and serve all, regardless of faith or origin and I strongly believe in serving humanity first. My family is central to all that I do and I am driven to create a legacy for them that will make them proud and will be remembered forever.”